Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sardine Puff

Now days we all live in convenience world. If we're lazy or unable to make our own pastry dough ,we can just buy the ready to use dough from supermarket. I loves to get Paratha dough from local market at frozen section..Paratha is a flaky flat bread originally from South Asia. In Malaysia it's called Roti Canai. So far I still didn't master the skill to make Roti Canai yet! Any taker to be my master? I heard the process of layering the "skins" of dough in paratha can make preparation a difficult process. I like to use Paratha skin to make puff. Anybody who like Sardine can make this Sardine Puff..

Ingredients:
1 can large sardine
1 pack-5 pieces frozen Paratha ( room temperature/thawed)
1 large onion (peel and cut cube)
1 tbsp salt
1 tsp sugar
3-4 bird chili ( chopped) *optional*
1 egg yolk + 1 tbsp water ( for brushing)




Method:
1:Preheat oven to 375 F. Prepare a baking sheets with parchment paper.

2: Roughly use a large spoon to break sardine into a medium bowl,combine onion,salt,sugar and chopped bird's chili.

3: Remove plastic cover from each paratha,dust/sprinkle some flour if the dough is too soft before use a rolling pin to roll another 1/2 inch diameter to the round edges.Cut into 2 pieces each dough.

4:Hold the dough on your palm and fill 1 -2 tbsp or more filling into the center of the dough,do not over fill the filling,then you can't seal the edges nicely without breaking off,then fold the dough to half.Pinch along the edges to seal to form like a scallop design or crimp the edges like I did. Repeat the procedure until the dough finish.
5:Brush egg wash on the pastry,bake the Sardine Puff in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
6: Serve warm as snack.
All combine ingredients ready for wrapping
Thawed Paratha
Ready for wrapping after cut into 4 pieces
Going into oven at 375 F... Note:
This Sardine Puff is ideal to serve as snack .If you don't like thick pie dough,Paratha skin is suitable for you..
**PLEASE note**: I just export my old Blogger account and import to a new Blogger account due to limit disk space.Those who are FOLLOWING my blog ,please reinstate the Following mode coz I can't do it on my side.Those who link to me,don't have to do anything since I have the same domain name.Thank you very much!!. Sorry for the inconveniences.

No comments:

Post a Comment