Saturday, March 5, 2011

Great Bread Recipe

I have had great bread recipes passed down from my grandmother to my mother and finally to me. This is a great bread recipe.

Blueberry Buckle Brunch Bread

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/3 cup milk
2 cups blueberries
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg

Ok, now the directions on this great bread recipe. Cream 1/4 cup butter together with 1/2 cup sugar. Beat in egg and vanilia and stir until smooth. Sift together 1 cup flour, baking poweder and salt. Add alternately with the milk to the creamed mixture, starting with the dry ingredients. Pour intoa greased 9-ich square baking pan and top with blue-berries. Combine the remaining sugar and flour, cinnamon and nutmeg. Using a pastry blender or fork, cut in remaining butter until the texture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle oer blueberries. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for one hour. Cool slightly before serving. This is a great bread recipe that I know will make your house smell great.

I like to plan ahead what breads I am going to make that week. As the winter comes I start to gravitate towards heavier more filling breads, such as sourdough and heavy coffee cakes. Of course, in the summertime I like the lighter more airy tasting breads, such as strawberry bread or a variation of angels food cake with lime. When you leave the house for a while and come back in to the smell of baking bread, I think you'll agree that there is nothing like the smell or taste of a great bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment